A new update is now available for The Division 2 on all platforms that addresses a couple of issues discovered during the early access launch.
The update removes a “work in progress weapon,” makes it so ropes will now deploy properly in the Beekeeper Jeff side mission, fixes a loot exploit involving repeatedly killing bosses, and prevents players from unlocking Castle before they were supposed to.
In addition to the above, the update adjusts XP rewards for all end game activities to “scale to the player’s level, instead of being flat values.” Read the full patch notes below:
- We removed a work in progress weapon that was not properly named and balanced.
- Crossbows now deal explosive damage to multiple objects as intended
- Exotic weapons equipped with silencers will now produce the sound they’re intended to make.
- NPCs engaged in combat will now react to grenades as intended.
- The ropes will now deploy properly to allow for extraction at the end of the Beekeeper Jeff side mission.
- Players should no longer be able to unlock Castle prematurely. This issue would block progression in some instances.
- Fixed a loot exploit that involved repeatedly killing bosses in some Invaded missions.
- In Jefferson Plaza, the NPC scene can no longer be interrupted during a boss fight.
- PC players playing together while connected to the same network were meeting a number of issues when interacting with each other. This has now been fixed.
- On PC, FreeSync 2 HDR can now properly be selected in game regardless of your PC’s configuration.
- Stopped “SHD CPU V.2” and “Cyclone Magazine” skill mods from dropping as loot. Player’s who already have the items can use them once they unlock the corresponding specialization perk.
- Players will no longer get stuck on black screens after watching introduction cinematics.
- We have updated XP rewards for all end game activities, so that they will scale to the player’s level, instead of being flat values.
- Several corrupted audio issues have been fixed.
The Division 2 officially launches tomorrow, March 15th, for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. However, owners of the Gold Edition and Ultimate Edition have been able to play the game since March 12th.