Patch 1.2 for The Secret World will make changes to the game’s Lairs to make them more casual friendly, according to developer Funcom.
“The intention going forwards is that Lairs should offer a full endgame progression for casual players of The Secret World,” the developer said. A list of upcoming changes can be found below:
- Lairs are now for groups of 5 players. The new Looking for Groups (LFG) tool in patch 1.2 should make finding those groups of 5 a little easier than before.
- Each Lair’s distance from nearby Anima Wells has been evaluated. Lairs deemed too far have had a new Anima Well added. This should ease the punishment of wipes, and players can also use this Anima Well to meet up” and get started with their Lair more quickly.
- Each Lair is launching with a new item mission in it, and we will expand to three missions total. Each of these missions will reward you with Ritual Fragments to help you summon the Playfield Bosses in the Lair.
- Lairs now provide loot progression; everything you need for your next stage of the Lair can be found at your current stage. To be specific:
- Standard Lair mobs are balanced for a full set of greens and signets. They have a chance of dropping BoP blues, as well as green signets and Playfield Boss ritual fragments.
- Playfield Bosses (3 in each Lair) are balanced for mostly greens, with a few blue talismans. They are guaranteed to drop a few Bind on Pick-up (BoP) blues, a blue signet, and Regional Boss ritual fragments.
- Regional Bosses (1 each in New England, Egypt, and Transylvania) are balanced for a full set of blue gear. They are guaranteed to drop a few BoP quality level 10 purples, a purple signet, and few ritual fragments to make these bosses easier to resummon.
- Regional Bosses also drop strange and powerful ritual fragments- even though the magic of this ritual doesn’t yet function, who knows when their latent power might activate again…