The expansion introduces new social features to the game such as news feeds and live updates, and allows Sims to live the dream on Starlight Shores as a singer, acrobat, magician or DJ. The expansion is due out in March 2012 and adds the following features:
- Rise to Stardom: Venture into a new world and live the dream as a singer, acrobat, magician and DJ. Watch your Sims’ rise to fame – or go down in flames as they perform for other Sims.
- Create New Sims: New traits and Lifetime Wishes give players more tools to tell their stories the way they want to.
- A Whole New World: The new expansion pack includes a brand new world called Starlight Shores, with new venues and new objects to hone Sims’ talent and aid their rise to success.
- Rise to Fame: Build your own custom stages and see your Sims perform in sold-out arenas and in front of packed crowds.
- Book or Host Gigs: Using the innovative SimPort feature, send your Sims to a friend’s game or book a friend’s Sims for a gig in your game.
- Be Connected: Make new friends, connect, and share your stories and experiences without ever leaving the game. Using the new in-game news feeds and live updates, post your Sims’ successes, share gameplay techniques, create wishlists and send gifts, search for new friends and share memories.
- New Achievement System: Each rewards for achieving goals and accomplishing special challenges that can be tracked and shared by in-game social wall posts. New achievements will be introduced on a regular basis.
EGM’s TAKE: In case you Sims players were getting board of the virtual life EA has dropped a bit of Jersey Shore into the mix.