While not incredibly demanding, they are a lot higher than the minimum specs, and will probably put a fair few older rigs out of the running. The requirements inlcude a 64-bit version of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, an Intel Core i5 processor or better, a Nvidia GTX 650 or better, and 4GB of RAM.
You can check out the full list of specs below:
- OS: 64 Bit Windows 7,8, or 8.1
- PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster
- AMD Athlon X4
- MEMORY: 4GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
The Sims 4 is set to launch September 2 in North America and September 5 in Europe for Windows PC.