Posted on January 17, 2014 AT 01:17pm
The NPD Group released their videogame sales data for the end of 2013, and as a part of that release, the organization also included a list of the top ten best-selling titles for last year.
To be honest, there’s not a whole lot of surprises on the list, save one: Minecraft. What Notch and his team have done with their little experiment in world building is simply phenomenal, and to see the physical version of Minecraft—released after millions of copies of the game had been sold on XBLA, which itself came after millions of copies of the game had been sold on PC—come in at #9 for the year is simply incredible.
Without further delay, here are the top ten best-selling retail games for North America for 2013. The platforms listed for each are in order, from best-selling to lowest-selling.
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC, Wii U)
- Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One)
- Battlefield 4 (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
- NBA 2K14 (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
- Just Dance 2014 (Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, PS3, PS4)
- Minecraft (Xbox 360)
- Disney Infinity (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Wii U, 3DS)
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.