Posted on July 9, 2011 AT 05:02pm
In case you miss anything during the week, here’s the recent updates and announcements that have come out about Battlefield 3.
Five Confirmed Maps
So far, 5 maps have been confirmed for the game, with four of them being from the Back to Karkand pre-order map map. Those maps are: Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, Wake Island, Strike at Karkand
The one non-Karkan map confirmed is Operation Metro, but expect to see more maps announced as we get closer to launch.
No Ghillie Suits & More Tools Than Ever For Snipers
Alan Kertz, Senior Gameplay Designer for Battlefield 3, announced that Scouts will not be able to use Ghillie suits in the game. However, he then went on to say “Recon is about being Sniper and Scout. More Scout tools than ever.”
Snipers Will Have Scope Reflection & Sway
Daniel Matros, Community Manager at DICE, shared a few details about Snipers on the podcast “Don’t Revive Me Bro”. He has confirmed that Snipers will get scope reflection if they stay in one place for too long allowing people to easily spot them and they will also receive sway while aiming in order to balance out the increase in accuracy from the new bipods.
These new features have been added to prevent people from overusing snipers and to balance the game out, this should hopefully prevent camping.
EA Confirms No Mod Tools For Battlefield 3 (Too Complex)
EA Senior VP, Patrick Soderlund told German Magazine Gamestar:
“As of now, we are not going to make any modding tools. If you look at the Frostbite engine, and how complex it is, it’s going to be very difficult for people to mod the game because of the nature of the set up of levels, of the destruction and all those things. It’s quite tricky. So we think it’s going to be too big of a challenge for people to make a mod.”
- Squads are limited to 4 members
- Squad leader can spawn on any member, while members can only spawn on squad leader
- The creator of the squad is the squad leader, and will be indicated by a star.
- On 64 player maps, a 32 player team will have 8 squads (8 x 4 = 32)
- Players will receive squad bonus points for helping the squad, much like in Bad Company 2.
- Players will receive bonus points for killing the opponent squad leader
- The best/most active member will get promoted to squad leader.
- Squads wont be lockable (unlike in Bad Company 2)
- Squad tools (squad leaders get to lock the squad, invite members, kick members, etc.)
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.