Posted on February 5, 2013 AT 04:04am
CD Projekt Red has finally unveiled The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt after several weeks of teasing, and there’s a ton of details and a debut trailer to fill you in on everything you need to know about it.
The game is due to release in 2014 for PC and “all high-end platforms available.” It is said to feature “a tired hero who wants to set things right but can’t put down his swords until his conscience allows–if it ever does.”
The Witcher 3 uses CD Projekt’s new REDengine 3 technology to deliver a world which is said to be larger than Skyrim‘s. A NeoGAF user posted up a ton of details about The Witcher 3 taken from Game Informer’s latest issue.
- World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim’s, says development team. [Tentative, obviously]
- 30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
- New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
- Geralt’s Memory is restored
- No chapters/acts
- Dude is DONE fighting for everyone else
- Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
- Coming out on “all top-of-the-line” consoles
- Clues build up information (like a Bestiary perhaps?)
- Books garner information about monsters
- Townsfolk provide information
- Potions and such are important
- Time of day and other conditions affect where monsters appear, and their abilities
- Critical strikes in areas that matter depending on how much you learn about said monster
- You can disable a vampires poisoning attack by hitting its venom gland (Vampires are poisonous?) or skewer BOTH ITS HEARTS with a thrust attack (instant kill)
- Monsters drop loot like unobtainable alchemical and crafting ingredients for unique potion, mutagen and item crafting.
- Provides income as well
- Lowest level = free form activities like crafting, monster slaying (seems to be much more extensive this time around) and questing.
- Next level = Political situation of Nilfgaardian invastion is resolved through a core plotline for each area. These areas? -> Skellige, Novigrad and No Mans Land!
- Final level = Geralt’s main plot line, his search for his loved ones, and the chase of the Wild Hunt.
- Enemy AI completely rebuilt, scripted bosses out
- Environmental combat ‘contributions’ (a dozen types of interactive objects) – wasp hive irritated using Aard
- Magical signs retooled
- The magic tree advancement allows secondary sign forms = ie. Igni and a 360-degree blast
- Other trees, Swordsmanship and Alchemy
- New strikes under Swordsmanship, boosts like improved stamina and parrying
- Mutation mechanic under a different development path
- Team aware of frustrations of inventory management in The Witcher
- Crafting critical to maximize Geralts potential, but weapons and armor can be found in many ways
- Players can customize their crafted weapons with some components, ie, monster scales for leather in armor
- Each armor piece has unique appearance, new cloth simulation tech.
- Barber is in from the get go. Dyeing hair is OUT OF QUESTION, White Wolf.
Source: Game Informer
Today's Top 10 Stories
RUMOR: Next Xbox Dashboard Update Beta in June/July, Features Microsoft Point Phase Out and UI Changes61 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.