Square Enix has released a new patch for Tomb Raider on Steam which should improve the game’s overall performance following some issues at launch.
The patch introduces a number of fixes and tweaks, including improvements to TressFX hair rendering, making Lara’s hair behave in a more realistic way–one hell of an important fix. The full patch notes are below:
- Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware.
- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
- Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
- Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
- Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
- Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
- Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
- Various other small fixes.
Today the game managed to claim the number one spot in the U.K. all formats chart and the biggest launch of 2013.