THE BUZZ: Runic Games has released a brand new trailer for Torchlight 2, revealing which pets your character will be able to enlist on the journey.
As in the original game, pets will have their own inventory, can learn spells, transform and sell unwanted items. The list of pets available:
- The ferret: “Don’t be fooled by his size, the clever ferret is as fierce as a honey badger. With goggles.”
- The chakawary: “Best described as a Velociraptor crossed with a Cassowary.”
- The cat: “Know what we love? Kittehs. Kittehs are now up in your Torchlight II, carryin’ yer lootz.”
- The bulldog: “Solid, tough, and a formidable foe to all who fear slobber.”
- The hawk: “The Hawk soars above you, keeping watch on the passes ahead, and dive-bombing monsters with her vicious talons.”
- The panther: “Sleek, feral, intimidating, the Panther melts into the shadows and pounces on corrupt undead when they least expect it.”
- The wolf: “Leaving paw-prints like dinner plates, man’s best friend is also a Sturmbeorn’s worst nightmare.”
EGM’s TAKE: These pets look incredibly cool. Who doesn’t want to have a ferret following them around into battle? The good thing is that not only do they look good but they are also damn useful when you’re deep into a dungeon and desperately need to clear inventory space. The last thing you want to do is abandon items or have to stop a run just to go back and sell all your items.