Posted on October 26, 2011 AT 02:40pm
THE BUZZ: Yakuza series kingpin Toshihiro Nagoshi held a live “Nagonama” broadcast on Japanese video site Nico Nico Douga earlier today, and as a part of that, he gave a few teaser details about Yakuza 5.
- The game’s setting will be the tried-and-true Kamurocho, as well as another Japanese city. A number of possibilities are currently being looked over for that additional local, including Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka, and Sapporo.
- Nagoshi would make no firm comment on how many main characters the game would feature, or how many characters would be playable. However, he claims it would be “unthinkable” to not have Kazuma Kiryu in the game—Nagoshi says he views Kiryu as “Mario-like” for the series.
- No decision has been made yet if the game’s hostess segments will feature the hostess auditions element.
- Nagoshi wants to make a prequel “chapter zero” chapter of the game that would look at the past of the Tojo Clan.
- Nagoshi’s favorite vegetable is the tomato, his favorite kind of candy is gummy (in Japan, they typically have a more general version of the candy, where as here in the West we get most specific with types like gummi bears or whatnot), and he his cat typically sleeps together with him at night. Okay, that’s not exactly part of Yakuza 5—but hey!
EGM’s TAKE: Come on Nagoshi—make it Osaka. I want to see my second home make a return, but this time in beautiful HD!
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.