The first title update for Trials Evolution will go live tomorrow, May 30. The game’s online leaderboards are also getting reset after the patch is deployed.
“We apologise for the multiplayer leaderboard reset. However, this step was deemed necessary to ensure the best multiplayer experience for all players,” RedLynx explained on their official forums. “Because this multiplayer leaderboard reset will take place after the Title Update, we advise you not to play multiplayer matches for at least four to six hours after you receive the update, in order to avoid having your data purged by the reset or accidentally matching up with a non-updated player.”
As far as keeping things fair the reset is a logical step, but a few fans who set legitimate high ranking times will be upset to see their scores wiped. The title update offers the following fixes:
- Multiplayer Leaderboard writing issues – addressed a number of situations where proper scores were not being recorded to MP Leaderboards or rank was being reset
- Multiplayer Stability issues – addressed a number of issues, including viewing Gamer Cards, Party play functionality, response time of multiplayer matchmaking, and situations where the game would occasionally lock or hang during multiplayer
- General Stability – we have addressed some issues affecting general stability and random lockups. If you find new issues related to this, please report them to this thread
- Editor issues – a number of issues in the editor were addressed, including enforcing a 22 checkpoint limit and some issues around the event trigger system
- Scoring issues – a rare issue where track times were calculated incorrectly at the finish line has been addressed
- Track Central – a number of issues were addressed, including track sorting issues, lockups when viewing Player-Created Track Leaderboards, and searching tracks by the “Ninja” difficulty tag
- Skill Games – adjustments have been made to Icarus Factor, Exploding Man, Out of Gas, and Balls of Steel skill games to eliminate scoring loopholes
Is a complete reset the right thing to do?