Ubisoft kickstarted the ‘next-gen’ portion of their E3 2013 press conference with The Crew. What exactly is it all about? In laymen terms, it’s a racing game. However The Crew has little in common with other racing titles like Gran Turismo or Forza. The Crew, according to Ubisoft’s announcement, will feature an organic online living world which is populated by fellow human drivers and A.I. alike. Within the world you’ll be able to easily make friends, conquer challenges, and generate rivals. Ubisoft also noted a few key features in the game, including:
- Garage mode where you can mod, change, and create the vehicle you want to drive.
- Variety of terrain that encompasses a wide-range of environments. Snow, dessert flats, mountains, surface streets.
- Total freedom to pick and choose what challenges you’d like to face.
- Share and compete with friends across a smorgasbord of play options.
- Online persistent world.
- An almost Transformers-like ability to alter your vehicle on the fly to take advantage of multiple surfaces. At least it looks that way in the trailer.
The Crew will be available early 2014 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.