THE BUZZ: If you’re a fan of the UFC, and an Xbox 360 owner, next month will be a very good month for you.
On December 20th, UFC on Xbox Live kicks off, giving fight fans the chance to watch Pay-Per-View events, on-demand content, pre-event videos, and more—all without the need for any sort of cable TV subscription. As well, UFC fans will be able to bring up detailed stats about the fighters, make their pick for who they think is going to win, and more.
Here’s the full rundown of details on what UFC on Xbox Live will offer:
- Live and On Demand Video – Event previews, Countdown to UFC, Press Conferences, Weigh-Ins, Interviews, Workouts, and more, together for the first time on your big screen.
- Streaming High Definition –UFC fans demand stunning High Definition viewing, and UFC on Xbox LIVE provides the highest quality streaming HD to the big screen.
- Easy Pay-Per-View –The biggest Pay-Per-View fights available to all Xbox LIVE members in standard HD and SD pricing options. Purchase directly with the credit card associated with your Xbox LIVE account – no Microsoft Points required.
- Interactive Fight Card with Fight Picks – Size up the fighters with the tale of the tape, and view their past fight results. Make your Fight Picks, predict specific fight outcomes, and compete with your friends. And with the live leaderboard and leaderboard alerts tracking the results, you will always know where you stand. Access leaderboards and Fight Picks features in split screen, so you’ll never have to leave the excitement of the Octagon.
- Control the action with Kinect – Focus on the fight instead of looking for the remote. Navigate through the video content, bring up the Interactive Fight Card, or play, pause, and rewind that big punch, kick or submission…all through the body and voice-controlled power of Kinect.
EGM’s TAKE: Though I’m not a huge UFC fan, I am a fan of having more options for watching video content without the need for cable. Give consumers a wider, more varied set of options for accessing content, and the consumer will always win.