Capcom has officially announced Ultra Street Fighter 4, a major new update for Super Street Fighter 4 that introduces five new characters, six new stages, and new modes.
The update is due to release “early 2014” and will be available as DLC and a boxed retail release. If you own either Street Fighter IV or Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition then you will be able to download the update for $14.99. If you don’t own either then a version of Super Street Fighter 4 will be released with the update already installed and “all DLC costumes for all characters released until now,” for $39.99.
Four of the five new characters have been confirmed as Rolento, Poison, Hugo, and Elena. The fifth has “never been in a Street Fighter game before,” according to Capcom. The new stages are Pitstop 109, Mad Gear Hideout, Cosmic Elevator, Blast Furnace, Half Pipe, and Jurassic Era Research Facility.
You can check out an official trailer and a list of confirmed character updates below:
- HP increase to 950
EX Kikoken knockdown on hit
EX Hazanshu armor break
- Dirty Bull now has longer range
- Buffalo head has reduced recovery
- Lower charge time for higher levels of Turn Around Punch
- Short Swing Blow completely throw invincible
- Increased damage on all target combos
- Larger hitbox on attacks (e.g. Kidney Blow)
- Crouching middle kick now special cancelable
- Faster walk speed
- Improvements to Ultra 2