Uncharted 3‘s multiplayer officially goes free-to-play starting today.
The free-to-play multiplayer caps off at level 15, though the game does continue to track earned experience past level 15, which can be retroactively applied by purchasing either the full game, the level 25 add-on, or the no level limit add-on
Here’s a full rundown of all the Uncharted 3 add-ons available for purchase:
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Co-op Adventure Add On – Unlocks Co-0p Adventure mode including the Fort Adventure DLC
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Co-op Arena Add On – Unlocks to gain access to the Co-0p Arena Playlist including the Co-Op Shade Survival Mode DLC
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Competitive MP (No Level Limit) – Removes the level cap for Uncharted 3: Multiplayer
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Competitive MP (Level 25 Limit) – Removes the Level 15 cap and allows you to play Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Free to Play up to Level 25
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer Split Screen Add On – Unlocks Co-0p Adventure mode including the Fort Adventure DLC
- Uncharted 3: Multiplayer DLC Map Packs – Unlocks all three DLC map packs released for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Includes Flashback Map Pack 1, Flashback Map Pack 2, and Drake’s Deception Map Pack
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Single Player Experience – Unlock the Single Player campaign
Not forgetting their long time fans, Naughty Dog is releasing a Naughty Dog Paw shift for custom characters. They’re also giving every character item and skin in the multiplayer more color options
Sony also reports that over 40 DLC items for Uncharted 3 will be added in the coming months.
As of writing this post, the free-to-play version of Uncharted 3’s multiplayer has yet to hit the PlayStation Store, nor have the aforementioned add-ons (otherwise I’d have reported on their prices). Will update with the when and how much as soon as possible.
In the meantime, here’s a trailer for the free-to-play Uncharted 3: Multiplayer: