There is a ton of fun waiting for you in the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 public access multiplayer beta, and every day will bring something new! Here’s what you’ll find when you get in-game:
Select access to Backyard Battleground
Backyard Battleground is an interactive environment that connects you to every map and mode, and brings to life more ways to experience the Plants vs. Zombies universe. As soon as the game starts, players will be immersed in a wild playground with dynamic events and tons to discover and do. In the beta version of Backyard Battleground players will have access to:
- The King of the Hill-inspired mode, Flag of Power – Raise the Flag of Power and do everything you can to prevent the enemy from lowering it; igniting an all-out war where you’ll have to fight off wave after wave of enemies in a frantic, escalating battle.
- Stats Room – Display all of your characters’ stats and achievements. There’s also a sticker book where you can get an overview of all the characters and accessories you’ve unlocked.
- Quest Board – Visit the Quest Board for a list of dynamically updated challenges that will reward you for every completed event, and increase your XP multiplier.
Classic and Brand New Game Modes
In the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 beta, you’ll be able to participate in massive 24-player multiplayer matches on two huge new maps!
- Herbal Assault – On the Moon Base Z map. Play as the plants on the attack in this all-new 24 player game mode.
- Gardens & Graveyards – On the Seeds of Time map. Go classic with a zombie attack and plant defense, where the plants must defend the gardens and prevent the zombies from capturing them all.
More Maps and Modes
Along with the 24-player matches above, additional modes will be rotated in every day! Here’s what you’ll find:
- Team Vanquish
- Vanquish Confirmed
- Gnome Bomb
- Z-Tech Factory
- Frosty Creek
New Character Classes
Characters are the heart of Garden Warfare 2. Each Character is designed to embrace a specific role on the battlefield with their own unique personality and abilities. Joining the existing characters from the original Garden Warfare are:
- Kernel Corn – Leading the plant offensive as the primary assault class with dual cob busters and a high rate of fire.
- Rose – An extremely powerful sorceress that can turn zombie foes into fully playable goats.
- Citron – A time-travelling bounty hunter from the future – and also an orange.
- Imp & Z-Mech – The smallest and most agile of the zombies that turns into a Z-Mech robo of mass destruction with missiles.
- Super Brainz – The flashy, punchy-powerhouse superhero with exceptional hair and charismatic smile.
- Captain Deadbeard – A crusty peg-legged captain with a trick weapon up his sleeve.
Click here to learn more about full feature details of what you can expect in Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 when the game launches on February 23, 2016.