Carbine has just announced that it will be hosting a bonus beta event this weekend for its upcoming MMO WildStar.
From this Friday, April 25 at 7 a.m. PT until Sunday, April 27 at 11:59 p.m. PT, the game’s beta servers will be open. There are two ways of securing access to this bonus weekend: the first is to pre-order the game, granting you immediate access to all beta events, while the second is to have been part of a previous event.
As an added bonus, Carbine is also raising the beta level cap from 20 to 25, meaning that the following features will be available:
- New Adventure – Northern Wilds Adventure is a MOBA style group content experience for you and four of your buddies. Take over the whole map and destroy the enemy base to win, but watch out for the defending faction… they’ll viciously fight to win so come prepared to kick ass.
- Whitevale – The Dominion version of Alcatraz, Invading Alien scientists (…that dissect anything that moves), and a sunken ship filled with treasure hungry Marauders are waiting for your arrival. Oh… and a nuclear teraformer explosion has unleashed brain controlling squid on the Exile and Dominion military forces. No big deal.
- Hoverboards – Like hoverboarding? Duh. Of course you do. Get your hoverboard at a mount vendor in the capital city!
- Abilities and AMPs – Get new abilities to put in your Limited Action Set so you can continue to customize the way you destroy baddies, and unlock more perks in our AMP system.
- Unlock more clues to the history of the Eldan – Where did this hyper-advanced race go? What kind of technology and secrets are out there? Where can you get a solid space fish taco on Nexus? Get out there and find out, Spanky.
“Each day players log into the game between now and launch (during pre-order weekends as well as Open Beta), accounts will receive 3 Boom Boxes at launch,” the developer added. “These boxes can be used once per day to receive a random assortment of possible goodies, including XP buffs, unique runes, weapons, housing items, unique costumes, mounts and more!”