It’s done a full lap around the console circuit, gone to Steam, and even hit the PS mini collection—but now Tribute Games’ Wizorb is finally set to get some mobile mileage out of its gameplay. If you’re rocking an iPhone or iPad, the 16-bit retro-style indie game is now available to purchase in the App Store for a paltry $2.99 entry fee.
If you haven’t heard of it, it’s an interesting take on Arkanoid and Super Breakout gameplay, as you take on the role of wise old Cyrus, monster-exterminating wizard problem solver. Here’s a list of the features, from the game’s App Store page:
- An all-new block-breaking game set in a fantasy world.
- Use your magic wand to bounce the orb and cast various magic spells.
- Over 60 levels in 5 different Worlds.
- Earn gold to buy charms or to help the citizens rebuild their homes.
- Epic boss fights.
- Multiple endings.
- Game Center achievements and leaderboards.
- Character animation by Paul Robertson.
In case you missed it, I highlighted one of the most important details. It’s animated by the same artist that worked on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game—and I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how good that game was (hint: really, really good) on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
If you need a visual aid to witness the magic at hand here, Touch Arcade has you covered with the video below. Take a gander as the team sits down and burns through a few amazing-looking levels.