Posted on September 24, 2012 AT 04:25pm
Let’s be honest—Blizzard is never going to shake the assumption that they got the idea for Pandaria from the hit movie series Kung-Fu Panda, but it doesn’t matter. This new expansion still looks pretty darn cool.
[Disclaimer: This post's writer is a huge fan of Kung-Fu Panda even though he can't stand Jack Black. So—yeah.]
Blizzard has released a new trailer for the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, detailing all the new areas, towns, and different regions that’ll be available when things go live at midnight tonight.
‘Scared of change? Fear not. It’ll be OK. Blizzard’s detailed exactly how things will go down:
- A yellow System Message will appear in your Chat Log telling you to visit Orgrimmar or Stormwind to start your travels.
- Level-85 characters will receive a new quest, no matter where they are in the world, which will guide them to Varian or Garrosh for further orders. If you’re online at midnight you will receive the quest even if your Quest Log is full — or you can visit Varian or Garrosh to get started on your journey to Pandaria.
- Level-85 players will notice their experience bars automatically change so that experience can once again be earned.
- Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a pandaren character will be enabled. (Reminder: This also applies to players who don’t have a Mists of Pandaria license, as all races are now included with a base copy of World of Warcraft.)
- Players who are at the Character Creation screen at midnight will notice the button to create a monk character will be enabled.
If you think this looks good, just wait until the inevitable expansion on this expansion that unleashes a whole new class of kung-fu tigers upon the game’s world, most likely titled Tigeria or something similar. Hey, it could happen.
Today's Top 10 Stories
RUMOR: Next Xbox Dashboard Update Beta in June/July, Features Microsoft Point Phase Out and UI Changes62 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.