Microsoft has shared details about Xbox One’s April update, according to members of the console’s preview program.
A post in the private preview area of the official Xbox forums (via NeoGAF) has revealed what will be included in the update. The April update will improve game and app saves and updates, notify you when friends sign into Xbox Live, improve Kinect’s motion tracking, and more.
The update will apparently start rolling out to members of the preview program over the next few days, and not all features will be available in the first preview build.
- Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
- Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
- Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
- Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
- Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
- Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.
- New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.
Xbox One’s March update improved the console’s party system and revamped the friends app to make it more accessible.