Fans of indie games are in for a treat this holiday season, with Winter of Arcade—the annual holiday release of several indie games on Xbox One—making a return.
As Xbox boss Phil Spencer revealed during The Game Awards 2018, Winter of Arcade is back with nine new games to show, some of which are pulling double-duty as new releases in the Xbox Game Pass service. Those without Xbox Game Pass can take advantage of the deal too, though, as buying the games during the Winter of Arcade period will earn buyers gift cards in online store credit.
From now until December 21st, buyers will receive a $5 gift card for buying each of these games, starting with the second purchase. To put it another way, buying one game has no bonus. Buying two games earns a $5 gift card. Buying three gets $10, and so on, up until a total value of $40 in store credit for the entire set of nine. If you’re interested in any of the games, there’s no downside to picking them up before December 21st for the extra store credit.
Here’s the full list of games, as well as release dates.
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom – December 4th
- Mutant Year Zero – December 4th (Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced)
- Subnautica – December 4th (Xbox One X Enhanced)
- Ashen – December 7th (Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced)
- Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek – December 7th
- Kingdom Two Crowns – December 11th (Game Pass)
- Desert Child – December 12th
- Below – December 14th (Game Pass, Xbox One X Enhanced)
- Donut County – December 18th
Source: The Game Awards 2018