Zen Studios has confirmed that Zen Pinball 2 has suffered a slight delay in the U.S. on PlayStation 4, and has also detailed its content transfer system.
The game was originally set to release this week, but will now be available on December 24, according to the developer. The European release date remains unchanged, it will be made available later today when the PlayStation Store updates.
If you own Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita, you will be able to transfer your purchased tables to the PlayStation 4 version at no extra cost. It’s worth noting that Marvel and Star Wars tables must be transferred to Zen Pinball 2 on PS3 before they can be transferred to the PlayStation 4 version. The developer has provided a step-by-step walkthrough to help you import your tables:
- Press the square button (Import Tables) on the collection screen to start the import process
- Please wait while the game is searching for tables available for import
- If there are tables available to import, the store will offer the next batch of content it has found. Press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, then press the circle button (Back) to return to the collection screen, and if there are still tables to import, the store will offer them in the next batch. Repeat this process until all content is added to the download queue.
- Alternatively, if you want to import just a specific table, you can go to the table’s menu, wait a few seconds while the game checks for availability and press the “Download and play!” button when it appears. As the store comes up, press the x button (Enter) on each offered content’s download icon to add them to downloads, and press the circle button (Back) to return to the game.
- Wait until all downloads finish (you can check their progress in the PS4 user interface under Notifications/Downloads), and there you go! You can play your imported tables straight away.
Zen Studios also confirmed that the Doctor Strange table will be available today for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions of the game.