Posted on June 27, 2012 AT 12:48pm
Kickstarter project Zombie Playground has had plenty of success, nailing their $100,000 goal by an extra 67,590 bones, but when you look at the stretch goals for the fundraiser, you kind of wish they’d made at least 1.5 times the money.
Massive Black Inc., who have already worked on games like BioShock, Quake 4, Infamous, Dragon Age, and Hellgate London, had a lot of plans for the kid-themed co-op RPG zombie adventure, with a particularly ambitious set of stretch goals. Although the base game itself will go into production know that the fundraiser is over, backers can only wistfully sigh at the content that might not be implemented in the final version or future releases.
Here’s what you Kickstarter folks and zombie fans will be missing out on:
- Additional Player Characters with different weapon and ability sets
- The Gym and related areas will be added to the Classrooms environment
- Additional enemy types will be added
- More loot and goodies
- Linux support!
- Even more Playable Characters!
- 2v2 competitive online play will be implemented.
- More loot!
- An in-game Player store will be available, offering items (clothes and consumables) for purchase with gained experience points or actual money.
- The game will adopt a Free to Play model.
$1 Million Milestone
- Loads of Playable Characters!!
- 4v4 competitive online play!
- Classrooms environment expanded and finalized for competitive play!
- The Playground level will be implemented in alpha phase!
- Customizable Player Clubhouse/Treehouse lobby!
$2 Million Milestone
- Complete vision of the Zombie Playground school world.
- Tons of characters and classes to choose from.
- The complete School level available to traverse: Classrooms, Gym, Playground, Cafeteria, Library, Administration Offices, Computer Labs, Nurse’s Office, Principal’s Office, Music Rooms, and of course, the Basement/Boiler Room.
- In-Game Lobby system
- Tons more weapons, clothing, enemies, consumables.
- Ladder Ranking System.
- Ultra Rare loot drops, and rare spawns.
- New Games Modes, and much more!
At the very least, this at leaves a lot of content for a sequel further down the road, and depending on the success of the first version, maybe a big publishing house will pick up the rights for Zombie Playground later on. Hey, a guy can dream.
Still, it would’ve been nice if the project had hit just $500,000 even for the “free-to-play” model.
That way, everyone who didn’t back the project could get a taste of it and throw even more money at it. Hell, the developers should do that anyway just to build up some extra profits and revenue. At least it’ll be available for PC and Mac. For the time being, I guess you can just keep an eye out for project updates on Massive Black’s Twitter feed while they work in front of their huge, expensive fireplace and lounge.
Here’s a scene of the devs watching their funding event close. Don’t they look happy?
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Alien Isolation Incredible Pre-Order Offers Include Sigourney Weaver Alongside New Trailer And Assets
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.