Posted on December 10, 2012 AT 11:45am
A new expansion is on deck for Crusader Kings II and this time, bloodlines are unimportant. The Republic will focus on merchants and trade. Players will take on the role of the head of a Patrician family in a great Merchant Republic. You will have to expand your trading empire by controlling the seas and defending your trade posts. If that weren’t hard enough, be prepared to fight with rival families and attempt to seize their trade posts to expand your trade routes.
The Republic Main Features:
- Experience a new and different type of game by playing as one of the great Merchant republics of Venice, Genoa, Pisa, the Hanseatic League or Gotland.
- As the head of a Patrician family, you must guide your Republican dynasty through fortune and misfortune in a world dominated by kings and emperors.
- Build Trade Posts and expand your Mercantile empire by controlling the sea lanes and coasts of Europe… and defend it against rival Patricians, Republics and greedy feudal lords.
- Improve your Trade Posts and your prestigious Family Palace with dozens of unique new buildings.
- Compete in the Doge elections, compensating for lack of age and Prestige by investing money in your campaign fund. May the richest man win!
- Survive feuds with other Patrician families and plot to seize Trade Posts from your rivals; new Plot and many special events for characters in the Republics.
- New Republican skin for the interface.
- Unique Clothes and ship models for Republics
Lets face it, those with royal bloodlines were not always the ones in control. Crusader Kings II: The Republic will be released early 2013 and will have a price tag of $9.99.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.