Posted on May 11, 2013 AT 12:44am
Ahiha [Thank you] viewers, for helping Defiance be a zuzuhakte [survivor] and get the numbers it needed to receive the greenlight for season two! Ark Hunters, rejoice! It’s very early in season one to have much of an idea of where things will be by the time the second season rolls around. Regardless, it’s great to see SyFy and Trion’s mixed-media experiment moving forward and putting their jaja [money] where their mouth is.
What else is going on in the post-Arkfall world? I’m sure you’re full of indignation, wondering why the heck a post about a TV show is in your gaming feed. Consider this a wrapup of all the Defiance news that’s fit to print. Or type, as it were.
Dodge has announced several events. One is the in-game ‘Dodge High Speed Challenge Weekend‘, and the other is a web-based event, the ‘Dodge Defiance Arkfall Sweepstakes‘. The in-game event will apparently be made live over several weekends, and will open up a special race contract to potentially earn the scrip and reputation to buy exclusive colours of the Dodge Challenger. Last weekend was the first challenge, so expect to see it return as time goes on.
The Arkfall Sweepstakes has a bit more to it than just a mission and some fancy digital wheels. Instead, you have a very real chance to win game consoles, copies of Defiance for the system of your choice, Dodge merch, or the grand prize… A lots-of-expenses paid trip to San Diego Comic Con! You can pre-register now to snag some bonus entries, and then invite your friends to get more bonus entries. Go forth, Ark Hunter, prepare yourself for the major Arkfall! The event officially starts on May 23rd, so make sure to register before that for the best chance to win!
Finally, Trion has announced some details about the first DLC, ‘Enter the Castithan’ [placeholder name only, according to Trion]
From Trion’s Defiance Community Blog:
ENTER THE CASTITHAN
(or imagine flashy name that evokes deep emotions)
You get this when you buy the DLC for $10:
– Access to play the Castithan Species
– Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
– Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
– Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
– A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
– A unique Castithan version of an outfit
– A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
– Access to New Pursuits
– New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements
You get this in the DLC for free:
– Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
– Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
– Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
– Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
– Join a friend into the Battle Arenas Game Mode
– Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
– Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
– Select a new voice for your character
– Multitude of game improvements from UI to content
You can buy these individually from the store:
– New Mods that tint the color of your Castithan Blade
– Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons
– More versions of the Raptor, the new 4 player truck of doomed compensation
– Character Customization changes: Appearance change, name change, or everything change
Needless to say, there’s some major additions coming. My favorite part of the announcement is the fact that we’ll be able to get our own badass Charge Blades. I’m hoping there’s a wide variety of them, from knife all the way up to pole arm, but we’ll see. So far, we’ve only seen three Charge Blades in the TV series, and there could be a lot more in the future.
Have you been playing Defiance? Or watching the show? If so, what do you think? How could they each improve? Sign off in the comments below, let me know what you think!
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.