Posted on November 21, 2012 AT 02:01pm
It’s that wonderful time of the year once again where we mass murder a tasty species of bird, and stand in the freezing cold, hours on end, only to stampede into a store that might have what you want. Yup, it’s the holidays and with less than a month to gather something for everyone on your list, it can be a chore! Don’t worry. though, for some of the staff have picked out their favorite items of the season, just for you.
- Hauppague DH PVR 2 (Gaming Edition) – $150 – For some of us, self-indulgence in our favorite games isn’t enough. We need to express our love to the masses via streaming video, edited reviews and other forms of video feedback. For that, you need a capture device. For the money there simply isn’t a better option than a Hauppauge PVR. They’re easy to set up, use and tweak to your exact specifications. Stop telling fish stories about your Call of Duty prowess and start proving it via video.
- Grip-its – $4.50 – A simple gift for my gamer friends. They make gameplay more comfortable and they have lots of fun colors! Not to mention they’re inexpensive!
- inToro Skins- Varies – I have friends always asking where I get my controllers from. The reason they like my controllers so much is because I have skins on them! They have skins for phones, laptops, and gaming controllers and this season, I’ll be getting a few skins for my friends that they can design and customize themselves!
- LevelUp Xbox 360 Zig-Zag Storage Tower – $55 - I am always looking for something to help organize my gaming gear, and this thing is perfect! Plenty of space to carry games, controllers, and accessories!
- Assassins Creed Desmond Hoodie – $90 – Now Assassins Creed fans can stay warm while looking cool!
- Ezio Auditore – RolePlay Gauntlet Replica – $39.99 – The perfect complement to the Desmond Hoodie.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Care Package – $179 – First it was a set of Night Vision goggles. Then is was a Remote Controlled spy car. Now Call of Duty comes packaged with an R/C Quadrotor Done. This belongs in my trophy case.
- Tritton Halo 4 Warhead 7.1 Headset – $329 – The headset is pretty cool, but what I really want is the UNSC Forward Unto Dawn Avatar prop!
- Ted 24-Inch R-Rated Talking Plush Teddy Bear – $60 - Who wouldn’t want a thunder buddy?
- Skylanders Giants – $75 - A game for the kids and adults plus you get to collect some pretty cool figures. Figures are inter-changeable between platforms so easy gift buying for family members in the future. Easy for everyone to play!
- Whiskey Stones – $20 – No one like their drinks to get watered down, so why not use stones. Totally reusable.
- Chemistry Bar Set – $35 – Continuing with the bar theme, feel like a mad scientist and mix up some cocktails for that long night of gaming.
- Coffee Joulies – $50 - Now these are awesome. They will bring your coffee down to a drinkable temperature, and keep it there for an extended period. Reusable.
- T-shirts, nerd/gamer variety – $10-15 Everyone loves to show off the things they love. Why not do it with a shirt. Jinx has every need covered.
- Asus Transformer Pad Infinity 32GB-64GB – $449-599 This is an awesome tablet that can act like a laptop and something I know I’d love to own.
- KontrolFreek – $10-15 – Nifty little item to make that FPS gamer in your life, or yourself, better that the game and makes the whole experience more comfortable. Great stocking stuffer.
- Astro Gaming Headset – $199-299 - These high tech headsets are some of the best but they will cost you.
- Serenity comics collections – $12-17 – Do you have a Firefly fan in your house? The comic book collections are perfect. $12-$17
- Mass Effect Comic Volumes (Link 1 + Link 2) – Here is a set for that Mass Effect fan. These are fantastic and follow the games. Pair them with the 3 novels $8 by Drew Karpyshyn (skip the 4th by Dietz, it’s awful) for a full experience.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (PS3) - $60 – Without question the game to have on your holiday list for 2012. Where else can you randomly assassinate people and be rewarded?
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (PS3) – $60 – Call of Duty franchise continues it’s Black Ops series guaranteed to have you upon pressing the power button.
- Forza Horizon (Xbox 360) - $60 - Racing with an edge, Forza Horizon is one of the top open world racing games this year.
- Halo 4 (Xbox 360) – $60 -Personally, I’m not a huge Halo fan, but if you own an Xbox 360, there isn’t much reason why you shouldn’t have this game on your list.
- Super Mario Brothers U (Wii U) - $60 -With how successful New Super Mario Brothers has been, you know this one is destined to be great fun.
- ZombiU (Wii U) - $60 – Taking advantage of the Wii U’s touch screen controller, this game is sure to innovate. Plus it has Zoombies!!!
- Avengers (Blu-Ray) - $15 – Looks like Disney’s takeover of Marvel has paid off! This is one of my favorite super hero movies of all-time. And it should be yours too.
- The Dark Knight Rises (Blu-Ray) - $35 – Just in time for the holidays, TDK Rises will release in early December.
- iMac - Starts at $1299 - Set for release later in November and December, Apple just upgraded their desktop systems.
- iPad Mini - Starts at $329 – For the Mini in all of us who can’t afford an iPad, and want something a little more compact
- Microsoft Surface – Starts at $499 – What Windows 8 was actually intended for – tablet use, plus I just want to snap the keyboard on like in the commercials.
A little bit of everything that a gamer could want or need! Best part? You don’t even have to worry about lines or getting hit over the head by some old lady with her cane! It’s all online. From our staff to your family, we wish you a happy holidays!
Today's Top 10 Stories
Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Unveiled, Higher Polygon Counts, a Man's Best Friend, Player Customization, and More15 comments
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.