Posted on June 25, 2012 AT 02:46pm
More information has finally been released regarding Dragon Quest X, the new MMO coming from Square-Enix.
In the latest trailer we see the gameplay in action as of the most recent changes as well as a bunch of features that were unknown to the public.
- Placement in battle makes a difference towards dodging, blocking, attack accuracy and spell casting.
- Each vocation (job class) has numerous skills and abilities that are derived from previous installments in the series.
- You can change vocations to one of the default six at any time via the Alltrades Abbey (ala DQIX).
- Each player will own their own residence (just like in FFXI) and be able to furnish it with various items.
- Players will be able to invite others into their residences.
- Crafting styles are broken down into alchemy, tailoring, woodworking and blacksmithing.
- Each crafting style requires certain ingredients in order to make a recipe and a mini game has to be completed for there to be any success at said recipe.
- Series staples as far as items and equipment are confirmed including the “Metal Slime” equipment series.
- Interactions between various players is currently handled via in game chat through the use of a soft keyboard or a physical one plugged into the Wii/Wii U via USB.
- Plenty of emoticons and character gestures are available for quick responses to other players.
- A guild mechanic seems to be present as well as a way to summon (or be summoned) via guild means and travel to a meeting spot instantly.
- Combat follows a mix of classic DQ gameplay and real time battles like in FFXI.
- The first 20 hours of gameplay will be free to all new players on their first time playing the game.
- Kids will have special “free play” time periods Monday through Friday, and a different interval on Saturdays.
Dragon Quest X has no official release date as of yet but will be coming out for the WiiU console. Is anyone excited for this at all?
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.