By Amanda Marron - DigitalNoob
Posted on June 5, 2012 AT 10:42am
Posted on June 5, 2012 AT 10:42am
A play-by-play of the Nintendo Press Conference at E3 2012.
- Introducing the Wii U.
- Pikmin 3. New Rock Pikmin to help break larger objects. Control up to four leaders, also control the game with the GamePad. Challenge mode is about gathering fruit within the time set.
- GamePad screen is what players should pick up first when starting up the Wii U.
- Netflix, Hulu Plus, YouTube, and Amazon Video on Wii U.
- Wii U will support two separate GamePads. Dual GamePad experiences in the future.
- Touchscreen works with fingertip or stylus. Set up like a usual controller – Arrows, ABXY buttons, trigger buttons and shoulder buttons. Built in camera, microphone, headphone jack and volume control. Also contains gyroscope.
- Miiverse is Nintendo’s main street. The Miis gather around different game billboards on your street to reflect tastes and trends. Speech bubbles are messages. 3DS, smart phone, and PC availability coming soon.
- New Super Mario Bros. U gameplay. Can be transferred from big screen to GamePad for play. Boost mode – 4 players can play as one person places blocks on the GamePad to help the team get through the level. Looking magnificent in the HD brilliance.
- Lots coming from WB games and other third party companies.
- Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition exclusively for Wii U. B-A-T mode (new to the Wii U version of Arkham City)- meter will fill till it maxes out. Use GamePad to activate the mode.
- Remote Control Batarang, guide it with accuracy by using the GamePad. Also use the GamePad to check inventory.
- Scribblenauts Unlimited for the Wii U. Continuous and unbound exploration. Multiplayer mode shown with one GamePad and one Wii remote.
- 3rd party games trailer includes the likes of Darksiders II, Mass Effect 3, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Trine 2: Director’s Cut, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge, and Aliens: Colonial Marines.
- 43 million copies of Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus sold around the world. Wii Fit U is confirmed, includes new minigames for burning those calories.
- SiNG (working title, thus far). Wii U displays lyrics. Look at your friends and not a TV screen.
- Nintendo 3DS show – one hour live show starting at 6 pm PST on Weds, June 6th Tune in at e3.nintendo.com .
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 on 3DS. This Mario is all about the gold. Gold coins are everywhere. Generate more depending on what you do in the game. Launches August 19th.
- Paper Mario Sticker Star on 3DS. Collect stickers by pulling them off scenery and they become your commands. They also help discover ways to escape danger, find hidden items, and more. Arrives this holiday season on digital and in retail.
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon on 3DS. New kinds of ghosts. Arrives this holiday season.
- Third party game spotlight on the Nintendo 3DS show as well, such as Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate, Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
- Lego City Undercover has an open world employing GamePad as multipurpose crime fighting tool to scan for evidence. On Wii U as well as Nintendo 3DS.
- Ubisoft. Just Dance 4 on Wii U. Control dance moves with the Wii U.
- ZombiU – one bite and you’re dead. Your survivial kit is your GamePad. It contains inventory, scanner, hacking tool, etc. Zombify yourself by taking a picture with the GamePad’s camera.
- Assassin’s Creed III, Rabbids Land, Your Shape, Rayman Legends, Sports Connection, Marvel Avengers, all heading to Wii U from Ubisoft.
- NintendoLand, a virtual theme park that brings together a number of Nintendo franchises. 12 “attractions” total. 5 of the 12 will be shown at E3 – Legend of Zelda Battle Quest, Animal Crossing Sweet Day and Luigi’s Ghost Mansion Haunted Hijinks, Donkey Kong’s Crash Course and Takamaru’s Ninja Castle.
- NintendoLand is set to achieve three different objectives – new level of gameplay by using the GamePad, enjoyability in single or multiplayer, and support for the Miiverse.
- Luigi’s Ghost Mansion gameplay look.
- NintendoLand preview. NintendoLand launches the same time as the Wii U, this holiday season.
- Start playing NintendoLand to better understand Wii U.
- For more immersion into the revealed products, head over to Nintendo All-Access at E3 found at: e3.nintendo.com .
- “The promise of Wii U is simple: Together. Better.”
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.