Posted on June 6, 2012 AT 03:25pm
Hearts of Iron III is the expansive World War II offering from Paradox Interactive. Simulating everything from politics, warfare, and science during the WWII era, Hearts of Iron III already provides an fully immersive game. Paradox decided it wasn’t big enough and will be releasing an expansion called “Their Finest Hour.” Sure it’s been 3 years since the game’s original release but this expansion is huge and should make up for the long wait. Paradox explained all the expansion will offer:
- Expanded espionage system with new and reworked missions, including new covert operations that can be performed on the map.
- New ‘battle plans’ mode where you can load historical plans, or draw your own and share with your allies in real-time in multiplayer games.
- New unique elite units for each major nation’s army – Gurkhas, Rangers, Imperial Guards etc.
- Deeper naval invasions system including the development of specialized landing and assault crafts to improve the effectiveness of your assault.
- More detailed control over strategic warfare and a generalized lend-lease system to support your distant allies with your industrial might.
- Leaders are now able to gain traits, and assigning them to duty is more important than ever with the new combat tactics system for battles.
- A new custom game mode for both single and multiplayer. You start with a clean slate and can instantly produce units, research technologies and affect political alignment before the game begins. This allows you to model interesting ‘what-if’ scenarios and speeds up the early years for those who would like to jump straight into the action with no slow build-up.
- Two new detailed battle scenarios, the Russo-Finnish Winter War and the Spanish Civil War
This expansion will make its debut sometime in the later part of 2012.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.