Posted on July 11, 2012 AT 07:45am
At this point in life, you really can’t argue with the educational impact that the iPad and like devices have had on our world. This summer, publisher NIS America and developer Yummy Yummy Tummy, will be releasing Character Chowdown for iOS devices! The game is best described as being an educational puzzle title with cute and bubbly critters that walk you through learning Asian languages. For instance, the Japanese language will be available via a free katakana pack at launch. Other language packs for hiragana and kanji will be available as well.
- Deliciously easy: Players can learn hiragana, katakana, and hundreds of kanji characters in a fun, quick, casual way.
- Progressive performance: A sophisticated system recognizes which characters players mastered and which ones they need to work on.
- Additional heroes: Heroes and villains from the Disgaea series will make guest appearances in future downloadable content.
- Fill up on achievements: Game Center achievements will be awarded for events such as learning all of the characters in a language pack and flicking monsters off the screen.
- Say “Hi!” with postcards: Players can create and send digital postcards by decorating Nommons with accessories unlocked by completing language packs. Custom postcards can be shared through a user’s Facebook profile.
- Start learning for free: Katakana, a Japanese language set commonly used for foreign words, will be released for free.
Character Chowdown will feature some familiar faces from Nippon Ichi Software Inc.’s Disgae series. The game will be available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch this summer.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.