Posted on October 4, 2012 AT 01:06pm
EA has been kind enough to give us a glimpse of some of the changes in the upcoming SimCity game. Some key differences from the past titles of the series are:
- No more laying water pipes!
- Everything has to be built next to a road
- The game automatically creates the segments you can choose a zone for, rather than using a grid
- The sims in your town actually have lives
- Even the garbage trucks have routes that are simulated
- Railroads can now be built with 90 degree turns
Seriously, 90 degree turns? And the train would have to back out of the station to get back to the main track, not teleport onto the next track over and leave. Other than that, though, it looks like a vast improvement over the past SimCity titles, at least in terms of what’s being simulated. Plus, we now know that the best way to manage pollution is to move it far away from town and ignore it. Because if you ignore it, it’ll just go away. Right?
SimCity has an expected release date of February 2013 on PC.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.