Posted on May 29, 2012 AT 03:05pm
The summer of 2011 will be a summer of “sports entertainment” that I’ll never forget. Because it was around that time a pipe bomb went off and sent the WWE into an entirely new direction. However, before proving himself as the “Best in the World” and holding on to the WWE Championship on two separate occasions (he’s been the current champion the last six months); the “Voice of the Voiceless” CM Punk started a revolution. One that brought in chaos, unpredictability, and the returning urge for WWE ice cream bars. Almost one year after his epic promo that shook the entire wrestling world, he is now on top of the wrestling world and the new cover athlete of WWE 13.
Announced last night during the May 28th edition of Monday Night Raw, and with the help of Big Johnny, WWE 13 was revealed to the entire world. As Twitter exploded with excitement from this announcement, and the fact Punk called Otunga “Carlton”, only one thing was missing; details on the game itself. Luckily THQ and WWE didn’t want to make everyone wait to find out the details on WWE 13 as well as to why there’s a WWE Attitude logo on the cover art.
Well thanks to WWE.com, more than a handful of features and details have been unleashed. Here’s what you need to know!
- WWE LIVE™ – Experience the atmosphere, spectacle and fervor of a WWE live event through attention-grabbing Spectacular Moments, including ring breaks and barricade crashes, along with a brand new audio and presentation system designed to produce the most authentic and vibrant commentary, sound effects and crowd participation levels ever experienced in a WWE videogame
- THE ATTITUDE IS BACK – Return to an unparalleled and groundbreaking era in WWE history – a time of pure raucousness, grandiose personalities and colossal revolution – through a franchise-first single player campaign focused on eight purveyors of attitude during the famed television “Monday Night Wars,” including WWE Hall of Famer “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
- WWE UNIVERSE 3.0 – Control the virtual WWE experience like never before in the popular career-style mode, as individual decisions throughout gameplay will dynamically introduce matches, alliances, rivalries and unpredictable moments along the path toward becoming a WWE Champion
- PREDATOR TECHNOLOGY™ 2.0 – Driven by new animations, transitions and modified controls, Predator Technology returns to deliver intelligent, fluid and engaging WWE action, resulting in a smoother gameplay experience than its predecessors
- CREATE + SHARE – Utilize the franchise’s industry-defining Creation Suite to develop and customize Superstars, entrances, arenas, finishing moves, storylines, highlight reels and more, as well as share and download creations with others from around the world
- DISTINGUISHED ROSTER – Compete with a vast array of WWE Superstars and Attitude Era luminaries from the largest roster in franchise history, including cover Superstar CM Punk, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, Sheamus, Undertaker, Mankind, Chris Jericho, Big Show and Mark Henry
- SURPRISES IN STORE – Live the Revolution through future announcements, including additional game features, a comprehensive roster reveal, downloadable content and big surprises
In short: an even more authentic WWE presentation, a more varied roster full of all-time greats from the Attitude Era to now, predator technology is going 2.0, WWE Universe is going 3.0, creating and sharing is being expanded, and the closer we get to the games October 30th release date; there is sure to be more announcements in store which will probably include DLC and a costume pack for Ry-Van-Dam-Berg (or Ryback for short).
There are only a few things I’m waiting to hear about for WWE 13 and that’s if WWE Universe mode goes online, Paul Heyman makes an appearance, AJ is the cover art to the back of the game, and that Cory Ledesma finally accepts my challenge to play me in a WWE game (or at least face me in the ring so I can RKO him in front of the world).
Just like the rest of the WWE Universe, I am very excited to hear about these features. The revolution is looking bright, and with CM Punk leading the way, the era of professional wrestling only begins to reach higher levels.
YES! YES! YES!
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.