Posted on June 27, 2013 AT 06:33pm
Playing a game your eyes affixed to the screen as the action peaks your heartbeat quickens. There is something magical about the music in a game that your ears fixate on. Now imagine taking that music and blowing it up ten fold. Imagine now that you take yourself completely out of the gaming element set yourself down in an auditorium. Graphics flash across the screen your eyes widen as an orchestra starts playing somewhere on stage. That heart quickening feeling rises up in you as you ready yourself for what is next. No you are not playing a game you are experiencing Video Games Live. It is a rush from start to finish an audio experience you should not miss. If you have a chance to go to one of these dates, do yourself a favor and go. Travel is advised if it is not right in your general area. No worries you won’t be disappointed in missing out on a night of gaming when you can live your favorite games through an auditory wonderment.
- The 7th returning performance (and ALL NEW SHOW) at Jones Hall with the amazing Houston Symphony celebrating its 100th year!
- The 4th returning performance (and ALL NEW SHOW) with the United States National Symphony Orchestra at the 7,500 seat outdoor Filene Center at Wolf Trap National Park in Vienna, VA.
- The first ever video game concert in Orange County, CA including 2 World Premieres with Blizzard Entertainment and the Pacific Symphony (orchestra used to record Diablo III) taking place at the 18,000 seat Verizon Irvine Amphitheatre.
- A FREE SHOW in San Diego sponsored by Amazon.com and UbiSoft during the San Diego Comic Con. 7 World Premieres and 15 very special game composer guests from around the world to perform.
- 2 shows with the San Francisco Symphony at Davies Hall. The San Francisco Symphony is one of the most highly respected and talented orchestras in the world having won worldwide awards including 11 Grammys (and they performed and recorded with Metallica!)
- 2 incredible Blizzard Entertainment shows in Shanghai and Beijing taking place in the biggest indoor stadiums in China (over 20,000+ per arena). Sponsored by the biggest computer and technology company in Asia (Lenovo), these special shows will include 7 Blizzard World Premieres.
- Massive Latin America tour including return dates in Mexico, Chile and (for the 8th year in-a-row) multiple cities in Brazil. First ever video game concert in Peru and first time Video Games Live show in Argentina.
- An ALL NEW SHOW for the return to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates with the UAE National Symphony at the Dubai World Trade Center.
Information and ticket links for each show can be viewed on the TOUR DATES page at www.videogameslive.com. Ultimate Gamer V.I.P. Backstage Experience Packages availableHERE (www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=vip). Additional 2013 FALL/WINTER and SPRING 2014 Dates will be added monthly.
Kickstarter warriors or music lovers get yourself ready for an all new way to experience what Video Games Live has to offer. As the first week of July rolls around so will some big news about a new project by the Video Games Live team.
An extremely unique campaign has been created by the video game music community starting at $5 and includes a wide assortment of tiers that will offer such variety as exclusive game music, signed composer sheet music, hang out sessions with game composers from around the world, personalized tours inside the worlds most popular game studios and developers, helping to create new segments for Video Games Live and even goes up to levels as high as bringing Video Games Live to your own backyard or community! More details to be released soon.
Today's Top 10 Stories
343 apologizes for Halo: The Master Chief Collection issues, promises to 'make this right with our fans'
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.