After announcing the Wii U Virtual Console Trial Campaign during last week’s Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo has now revealed when each of the seven titles will be on sale for $0.30.
- Balloon Fight (NES) January 23 through February 21
- F-Zero (SNES) February 20 through March 21
- Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES) March 20 through April 18
- Kirby’s Adventure (NES) April 17 through May 16
- Super Metroid (SNES) May 15 through June 13
- Yoshi (NES) June 12 through July 11
- Donkey Kong (NES) July 15 through August 13
The Wii U Virtual Console Trial Campaign marks and celebrates the Famicom’s 30th anniversary in Japan. It debuted July 15, 1983. Donkey Kong was one of the three games first released for the console.
Anyone who already purchased these titles for the Wii Virtual Console can upgrade to the Wii version—$1 for NES games, $1.50 for SNES. The Wii U versions can be played independently on the GamePad, sport Miiverse functionality, and allow for save states.