Bethesda has teased The Elder Scrolls Online‘s next piece of paid DLC, Dark Brotherhood.
“Your talent for homicide has been noticed, and an invitation has arrived?to join the Dark Brotherhood,” Bethesda writes. “You’ll visit the Gold Coast, the westernmost region of the old Empire, where you’ll find opportunity, intrigue ? and murder.”
The DLC will allow players to join the Dark Brotherhood and visit the Gold Coast, where players can explore Anvil and Kvatch for the first time since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. There’s also new story content, new quests involving Contracts and the Black Sacrament, new group bosses, and a new passive skill line for members of the Brotherhood.
Alongside this paid DLC, Bethesda and developer Zenimax Online will also release a free patch, which contains:
- The removal of Veteran Ranks
- Poison-Making, for those who want to be especially nasty to their enemies
- Toggle-able nameplates for all characters
- Character name display for Xbox One and PlayStation®4
- Item locking to help prevent accidental deconstruction of your most valuable items
- Further improvements and new features to the Grouping Tool including a group ready check, vote-to-kick system, and updated queue timer
- Tons of updates to the Crown Store including additional character slots, motif previews, and hats
- Craft Bags for ESO Plus members
- Improvements and adjustments to Item Traits
- Ongoing Cyrodiil performance improvements
- Sanctum Ophidia Trial scaling, rebalancing and the addition of a Normal and Veteran mode
- Balance improvements to combat and gameplay abilities including the Fighters Guild skill line, Vampires and stamina abilities
- ?and more!
A release date for the DLC has not been announced.