Trion Worlds has released a new content update for its massively multiplayer online shooter Defiance.
Dark Metamorphosis allows players to travel from San Francisco to the seaside ruins of Monterey and introduces new enemies, armor, and a new Arkfall.
A rundown of the new features, courtesy of Trion, can be found below:
- New ?Dark Metamorphosis? Quest Line and Pursuits: Introducing a brand new mission line featuring two new cinematics, five new missions and new enemies packing horrific new biological weapons.
- New ?Monterey? Solo Instance: Players who complete the ?Dark Metamorphosis? quest line will be granted access to the challenging solo ?Monterey? instance, featuring the haunting ruins of Monterey.
- New Harbinger enemy: A new Shrill enemy type, the Harbingers, have infested the Silicon Valley area with unspeakable horrors. Dark Metamorphosis brings a new threat from the Neo Votanis Front, a splinter group from Dark Matter that could bring about a new Pale War if left unstopped.
- New Armor: Players who participate in Dark Metamorphosis have the chance to purchase the brand-new Shrill Armor Bundle, containing the Shrill Hunter outfit, vehicle, and blast rifle.
- New Arkfall: Players will have access to the all-new Shrill Minor Arkfall: Invasive Species in the Silicon Valley area. These new Arkfalls will challenge novice and veteran players alike.
Defiance is available now as a free download on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.