New screenshots of Namco Bandai and From Software’s Dark Souls II have appeared online, showing off the game’s character creation options and UI. The contents of the game’s pre-order Black Armor Weapons Pack has also been revealed.
The screens show off the many options available to players when creating their character, including age, hair color, hormone levels, tattoos, and class. One of the class options displayed in the screenshots is “deprived,” which is described as “Unclothed, origin unknown. Has nothing to fight with except life-affirming flesh.”
Players who pre-order the Black Armor Edition or the Collector’s Edition will receive a code for the Black Armor Weapons Pack, which contains a number of shields and weapons. Each of the weapons and shields below will be available alongside the game’s starter weapons:
- Black Flamestone Dagger and Black Flamestone Parma: A dagger and shield encrusted in Black Flamestone both found in the Gutter at Black Gulch. Even though they are heavier than a normal dagger and shield, the Flamestone crystal’s unique properties make the dagger extremely sharp and give the shield high resistance to damage.
- Yellow Quartz Longsword and Yellow Quartz Shield: A straight sword and small shield hardened with yellow quartz both uncovered at the bottom of the Iron Keep. Even though these items can break easily due to their high level of corrosion, they are exceptionally light and their power to inflict damage has not declined.
- Bound Hand Axe and Bound Wooden Shield: A brutal hand axe and shield found in the Undead Purgatory. Both items are wrapped in chains and thorns to cause additional bleeding on enemies. Both the axe and shield have diminished in overall slashing power but their ability to deliver pain has been deliberately increased.
- Homunculus Mace and Homunculus Wooden Shield: A mace and shield with spherical protrusions found in Aldia’s Keep. Although heavier-than-normal maces and shields, the hard protrusions greatly increase the striking power of the mace as well as the shield’s defensive capabilities.
- Transgressor’s Staff and Transgressor’s Leather Shield: A staff and leather shield entwined with an unknown and seemingly lackluster element; these items are found in the Dark Chasm of Old. They have become a catalyst for sorcery and hex and cause an effect known as Darkness.
A complete list of Achievements for the game recently appeared online, which include rewards for dying, seeing the game’s ending, lightning bonfires, killing enemies, and more.
Dark Souls II is set to release March 11 in North America and March 14 in Eruope for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. A PC release will follow shortly after.