Defiance‘s fifth DLC release, Arktech Revolution, is now available to download on Xbox 360 and PC, adding new perks, titles, pursuits, and more.
The DLC comes in two variants, paid and free. Players who fork up some cash for the add-on gain access to new outfits, titles, vendors, daily contracts, pursuits, and 15 new perks. Everyone else gets the EGO ratings cap increase, access to a new tier of enemies, expert co-op maps, and more.
You can check out a full detailed list of free and paid features here.
As well as new features, there are also several game updates included with this latest release:
- A number of perks have been rebalanced to match new armor and scaling mechanics:
- Trait: Detachment ? Now adds between 1 and 3 plates of ablative armor.
- Trait: Juggernaut ? Now adds between 2 and 4 plates of ablative armor.
- Trait: Thick Skinned Basic Description ? Now adds between 3 plates of ablative armor.
- Trait: Time Out ? Added 15 second cooldown.
- Trait: In the Trenches ? Drastically reduced effectiveness.
- Trait: Fortitude ? Changed to a percent of health rather than a flat number.
- Trait: Rear Guard ? Drastically reduced effectiveness.
- Replaced Reset Weapon Mastery XP with Reroll Weapon Mastery bonus.
- Players now gain weapon skill when using mastered weapons.
- Added Upgrade rating to salvage matrix.
- Personal and group boosts are now play time based instead of absolute time based. Clan boosts are still absolute time based. Any previously bought absolute time based boosts will still work.
- Protection spikes have been adjusted. They now provide ablative armor. Also, blue protection spike are now less ludicrous.
- Vendor changes:
- Removed Vendors from Eastshore Docks (there was no Fast Travel there).
- Paradise Vendor is now located at Iron Demon Ranch with easy access via Fast Travel.
- Chimera Vendor (new for DLC5) is located at Headland Transit Depot, it is in place of the Mod Vendor that was there.
- Legendary weapons now cost 10 rep, 20 token, and 1,000 scrip.
- The Epic Mod Hoard has had its price adjusted, to bring it in line with the other 3 vendors due to the new Paradise contracts.
- The Warmaster has been updated to challenge even high-rating ark hunters.
- Teamwork points can now be gained from damaging shields.
- Destroyed turrets no longer grant Opportunist points.
- The game now displays ?Teamwork Max? or ?Opportunist Max? if the points cap is reached.
PlayStation 3 players will have to wait until April 29 in North America and April 30 in Europe to get their hands on the content.