EA Sports has released a new FIFA 16 trailer that takes a closer look at the improvements that have been made to career mode.
First up is pre-season tournaments that will see your club invited to three of nine possible tournaments, played in Asia, Europe, Latin America, or North America. There’s also the introduction of players training. Each week, players can select up to five squad players to train from a number of training drills, each focused on developing specific attributes.
In an effort to up the realism of FIFA 16, EA Sports has also introduced the story of the season. “FIFA 16 will fully immerse you in the story of your club?s season. Our commentators will remark on key storylines, including notable player or team performances, big player debuts, and transfer rumors,” the developer explains. “In-game graphics and commentary will also pick up on interesting team stats for matches, and reference the wider context of league standings.”
Other changes include:
- Sign free agents outside of the transfer window.
- Scout Reports – After scouting a player reports are available to you now for an entire calendar year before expiring vs three months in FIFA 15.
- Transfer Budget -Transfer budgets are now more realistically tailored to the club you’re using in Career Mode. Also, a percentage of the remaining budget from the previous season will carry over to the next. and will vary based on where your club finished in regards to season goals.
- Loans – Short loans have increased from three to six months and there is now an option to issue two-year loans.
- Friendly Subs – You will be able to issue an unlimited number of substitutions during friendly matches.
- More Realistic Transfers – While the transfer window is open, we have tuned the number of ?high-profile? moves by big players to better match the number of changes that typically happen in the real-world.
- Improved Player Transfer Values – We?ve addressed values of players to better match the real-world transfer market.
FIFA 16 launches September 22nd, 2015 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.