Activision has revealed a few new details regarding Call of Duty: Ghosts‘ multiplayer component at Gamescom.
Ghosts will allow players to create a brand new soldier from scratch and offers over 20,000 customization options. This time round there are a total of 35 perks, with a maximum of eight that can be equipped at any one time. Each of these perks will cost between one and five points to equip. They are split into seven categories:
The publisher also detailed the game’s Strike Packages, which are once again split into the three categories of Assault, Support, and Specialist:
- Assault: Based on consecutive enemy kills and resets on death. New streak rewards are as follows:
- Sat Com – Use satellite communications to spy on enemy movement.
- Guard Dog – Your combat dog will warn you of enemies approaching, and attack when needed.
- Maniac – Seek help from a knife wielding juggernaut, where a high-speed melee attack is in place of guns.
- Support: Enemy kills do not reset when the player dies. New streak rewards are as follows:
- Night Owl: Advanced drone that detects enemies, and offers protection from explosions.
- MAAWS: Laser guides will guide missiles from the free-fire rocket launcher.
- Helo Scout: Hop on a helicopter and provide aerial sniper support
- Specialist: More consecutive kills will earn you more perks.
Ghosts will also feature seven new game modes, three of which are detailed below:
- Search and Rescue: Similar to Search and Destroy, however this time teammates can revive each other.
- Cranked: Kills provide new abilities, but starts a countdown clock. Kill again before the timer runs out, or risk exploding.
- Blitz: Breach the enemy goal line, while defending your own. A similar mode to Capture the Flag.