Studio Wildcard, the developer behind ARK: Survival Evolved, has announced ARK: Survival of the Fittest, a free multiplayer online survival arena game for PC and consoles.
Survival of the Fittest is a free, standalone, multiplayer online survival arena (M.O.S.A.) game that pits up to 72 combatants against one another in Hunger Games-style competitions. Instead of the usual open-world of the ARK, Survival of the Fittest places players in a continually shrinking ?ring of death? that will slowly push all players towards the center for a final showdown.
?Following the success of the tournaments we hosted last fall, we saw valuable community feedback about other competitive features they wanted to see implemented,? Jesse Rapczak, co-founder and co-creative director at Studio Wildcard, said. ?Now with shorter matches, four new game modes, rapid dino taming and more, we felt it was time to let people come in to test it for themselves. Not only can you play for free, but we?re offering cash prizes for the top players in each Survivor League, so ARK survivors can potentially start playing their favorite game professionally!?
A rundown of the game’s key features, courtesy of Studio Wildcard, can be found below:
- Free, action-packed core survival gameplay
- 30+ creatures to tame and ride at Early Access start, many more planned at full launch
- Multiple game modes (1v1, 2v2, 4v4, and 6v6)
- One-to-six player tribes
- Variable game configurations ranging from 30-minute ?instant action? to three-hour long ?epic wars?
- Top-ranked players are listed dynamically on SurviveTheArk.com, as well as provided monthly prize packages!
- Game-changing tameable super creatures (Dragon, Giant Ape, Brood Mother)
- Random ?Evolution Events?
- Arsenal of weapons, traps, armor, structures and other items from primitive to modern tech tiers
- Robust ranking, tournament and spectator features
- Exclusive SotF cosmetic items that can also be used in ARK: Survival Evolved
- Custom-painted ?War Banners? enable tribes to show off their team spirit on flags across their army of dinosaurs, and are also broadcast on the gigantic billboards during game events. Just don?t draw anything offensive!
- A custom soundtrack written by award-winning composer Gareth Coker of Ori and the Blind Forest!
ARK: Survival of the Fittest is available now on PC via Steam Early Access and will be coming to consoles at a later date.