A new patch for Rocket League is set to drop within the next two weeks.
The most noticeable change in this update, which will bring the game to version 1.05, is the ability for players to search for new ranked matches directly from the results screen of the prior game. There will be a “Find New Match” option on the post-game menu, no longer forcing players to return to the main menu before they can continue playing.
Other updates coming with the patch include:
- Ability to filter by platforms
- Fix for usernames mistakenly displaying as asterisks
- Improvements to text-chat
- Official start of Season 1
- Manual switching between music tracks in menus
- Improved save-game corruption protection
- Improvements to the new Utopia map
- Two new flags based on Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, and one new Attack flag
All of the above changes were announced through developer Psyonix’s Twitter and collected by fansite Rocket-League.com. No firm date for the patch has been announced, but Psyonix has promised it will arrive within the next two weeks.
Rocket League is currently available on PC through Steam and on PlayStation 4 digitally for $19.99.