Square Enix is playing a heavy hand in the MMO genre for the upcoming Tokyo Game Show. Both Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and Dragon Quest X will be front and center at the convention, says the developer/publisher.
That’s not all, though—the company’s Tokyo Game Show hub has also been updated with the following titles:
- Gyrozetter — Arcade
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland 3D — 3DS
- Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3 — 3DS
- Final Fantasy III —PSP
- Sleeping Dogs
- Bravely Default: Flying Fairy — 3DS
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Hitman Absolution
- Lord of Vermilion Re:2 — Arcade
- Otome-Break! — iOS, Android
- Demons’ Score — iOS, Android
- The World Ends With You: Solo Remix — iOS
- Symphonica — iOS
- Emperors Saga — iOS, Android
Out of everything, the company’s robust mobile offering stands out as a highlight, especially with the recent launch of The World Ends With You for iOS and Android. Dragon Quest X‘s Wii U port will also be part of the showcase, where Square Enix will most likely be drawing attention to how the game works with the GamePad interface.
Suspiciously, it seems that Tomb Raider is missing from the lineup, which is curious, especially since it’s one of the company’s most anticipated releases of 2013. Very curious indeed.
It’s also worth noting that while Square Enix will be showing off their revamped version of FFXIV, it’ll only be on the show floor with PlayStation 3 and PC builds. So, don’t expect a surprise Xbox 360 version announcement or anything crazy.
Source: Square Enix