To celebrate the upcoming release of Jurassic World, Studio Wildcard has announced a new Jurassic ARK Week event for its open-world survival game ARK: Survival Evolved.
During Jurassic ARK Week the developer will be hosting a daily screenshot contest and releasing a new game update, which includes the addition of a brand new dinosaur to the ARK.
The update, which is set to go live on Friday, June 12, will add the Spinosaurus to the game. “This gigantic terror of the lakes and waterways is based on the latest research indicating quadrupedal movement and an amphibious nature,” the developer explains. “Spinosaurus will at last be stalking the many lakes and waterways as an all-terrain mount. Beware his ferocity!”
As well as this, there will also be some limited edition Jurassic ARK cosmetic items that are only available during Jurassic Ark Week. These include Nerdry’s Glasses (found in Dead Dilophosaurus Inventories) and the Baby T-Rex Bone Helmet (found in Dead Rex Inventories).
Other improvements, courtesy of Studio Wildcard, include:
- Tribe Governance Features: Do you want to be a full utopian Communist where everything is shared, rapacious Capitalists with absolute private property, or something in between?
- New Structures: The Metallic Spike Blockade for stopping incoming Dinosaur attacks, and The Food Storage Bin for preserving food over extended periods of time and for turning beef into jerky… mmmm beef jerky!
- Flying Dino Update: Flyers can now carry other dinosaurs, not just humans. C4-Packing Dodo Air Drop anyone?
- Major GPU performance improvements, especially for low-end hardware
- Balancing & performance improvements, new resources, and more.
ARK: Survival Evolved is available now on PC via Steam Early Access and will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016.