Update: Respawn has posted the full patch notes for the update on the game’s official website. The number of bug fixes, balance tweaks, and new features is too much to list in full, but here are a few of the biggest changes:
- Private match beta support added, allowing you to start rounds with as few as two people and manually select game modes and maps. You won’t earn XP, challenge progress, or achievements while in a private match, however.
- Members of your party now have their names highlighted in green so you can better tell them apart from your other allies at a distance.
- A wallhack exploit has been fixed.
- The Gen 5 “Gooser” challenge has been reduced from 50 to five.
- The 40mm cannon default and extended magazine capacity has been reduced from 20 and 25 to 12 and 16, respectively.
- The Quad Rocket now does more damage against Titan shields, and the default and extended magazine capacities have been bumped up by one apiece. The Rapid Fire mod’s capacity for the weapon has been increased by two.
- The Amped Kraber burn card now gives the weapon a huge (eight times!) damage boost against Titans, making it an effective anti-armor option.
- XP/score rewards have been altered for Hardpoint and Capture The Flag game modes to reward offensive actions—capturing a point or capturing a flag—and lessen the gains for defensive actions—defending a point, killing a flag carrier, and returning your team’s flag.
Again, though, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. For the complete rundown, check out the full list.
Original Story: Respawn Entertainment has announced plans to release a new patch for Titanfall later today that will give users the ability to create private matches and tweaks the Gen 5 “Gooser” challenge.
“Update coming later today with private matches, gooser update, etc. We’ll post lots of info on it as it rolls out,” the developer wrote on Twitter.
The “Gooser” challenge tasks players with killing 50 ejecting pilots in mid-air. Respawn felt that this number was a little high for such a unique set of circumstances and will reduce the number required to five with this patch. The developer added that it would add a special note for players who managed to complete the challenge in its original form.
“We went a bit too far with this challenge, especially considering the unique conditions that have to be met in order to have the opportunity to get a kill on an ejecting Pilot,” Respawn explained when it previously announced the change.
Update coming later today with private matches, gooser update, etc. We’ll post lots of info on it as it rolls out.
— Respawn (@Respawn) April 10, 2014