Posted on March 29, 2013 AT 08:00am
EGM Media is looking for a full-time news editor to work out of our offices in Agoura Hills, CA. Are you passionate about tracking down the latest gaming news and reporting it in an informative, entertaining way for readers? Are you not satisfied simply rehashing press releases but tracking down facts and breaking stories of your own? If so, then this is the position for you.
- Manage the News section on EGMNOW.com
- Work with EGM editorial interns and U.K.-based contributors to ensure that all work is consistent and satisfactory
- Mentor EGM contributors to improve their reporting and writing
- Contribute editorial content—previews, features, reviews—across EGM Media’s various platforms (EGMNOW.com, Electronic Gaming Monthly, Walmart GameCenter)
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and collaborate with other editors on the best ways to improve and enhance EGM Media’s editorial content
- 2 to 3 years in gaming-related editorial
- Knowledge of reporting ethics and practices
- A wide range of gaming interests; impeccable knowledge of gaming history and the wide array of publishers and developers
- The ability to sift through PR fluff and get to the point of news stories
- A talented writer who responds well to feedback and doesn’t take edits personally
- Ability to work out of EGM’s Agoura Hills, CA offices. Candidates outside of the Los Angeles area will be considered but must be willing to relocate
- A degree in journalism or communications
- Extensive industry connections
- Specific knowledge and enthusiasm for sports games and first-person shooters (we’re a little short in those areas right now)
- Experience with video editing/production
- Experience with podcast/audio editing/production
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and at least three unedited, published or unpublished work samples to email@example.com.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.