THE BUZZ: Built via Half Life 2: Episode 2 and Garry’s Mod, Elevator: Source is a single or co-op adventure in elevator riding. Yes, seriously.
EGM’s TAKE: According to the game’s official website, here’s what Elevator: Source is:
Elevator: Source is a single or co-op elevator experience that is different each time you play. What floor will you stop on next? What will happen? Who knows! We don’t even know! And we made the game. It’s THAT EXCITING.
Elevator: Source brings you:
* Up to 28 randomized floors to stop on (with DLC packs possible in the future!)
* A thrilling co-op experience
* Realistic elevator physics
* Cunning, state of the art AI that REALLY GOES INTO THE ELEVATOR AND WAITS!
* Real moral choices! What floor do you get off at? Do you ever get off? Only you are able to craft your elevator story.
No video game to date can bring you the quality of elevators or as realistic a simulation as Elevator: Source can!
Really, the only advice I can give you is to watch the video below?or at least part of it if you can’t make it all of the way through its 40+ minutes. I’m still conflicted on my opinion of Elevator: Source, and if it’s ridiculous or awesome?or ridiculously awesome. Or, I guess, awesomely ridiculous.
No matter what, I love seeing crazy things like this from the gaming community. To download and play Elevator: Source for yourself, head to the official website.