Forza Horizon 4‘s first major update launches on October 25th, and developer Playground Games has detailed its upcoming new features with extensive patch notes.
The biggest feature coming with this new update, as previously detailed in a pre-release roadmap, is the Route Creator, and now we have a better idea of how that will work. Players can make custom races that are a maximum of 40 miles long. Beginning from any Asphalt, Dirt, or Cross-Country Event starting location, players will create their custom routes by actually driving their cars and placing checkpoints anywhere along the way.
In addition to the Route Creator, the incoming update will also add a new Horizon Story called “British Racing Green” that “explores a century of cars built in Britain.” In order to participate, you’ll have to reach level 50 and head to Broadway. The best thing you’ll get for finishing the new Horizon Story is a Bentley 8 Litre, but you’ll also get a new clothing item and a new quick chat phrase.
There are also a ton of bug fixes in the update:
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Multiple engine audio improvements based on community feedback.
- Added quit option in Quickplay Team Adventure after finishing an Adventure.
- Improvements to Force Feedback understeer effect
- Fix for progress loss on Forzathon Challenges.
- Fix for rewards not being awarded in Seasonal Championships and Trial events.
- Fix for blurring on the edges of a moving target car in Photo Mode.
- Fix to avoid early completion of Trial events and allow all events to be finished.
- Fix for VIP House reward exploit.
- Fix for reset system not placing the car correctly when changing season after an event.
- Improvements to free-roam Drivatar behaviour, when driving round tight corners
- Fix for calculation of team score in Horizon Stories Co-op sessions during time-based challenges.
- Fix for Forzathon Weekly Bonus not updating correctly in the UI.
- Fix for HDR brightness calibration screen.
- Fix for traffic cars not spawning sometimes after a Barn Find cinematic.
- Fix for displayed value of VIP house when VIP owned, but house not purchased.
- Fix for rotating wheels when car is stationary in Pause Menu, ForzaVista and Drone Mode.
Forza Horizon 4 is available on Xbox One and PC.